After surviving an entire week of no refined sugar – I know, what is wrong with me?
I went on a massive baking spree and came up with what I deem, some of the most chewiest, chocolatiest cookies I have ever created.
I was also inspired by the 27 charts for Baking thrown out by Buzzfeed Food that’s been floating on facebook for the past few days and I couldn’t get the thought of cookies out of my head.
These cookies are indeed, incredibly chocolatey- with a crispy edge and squishy, chewy middle. I love cookies.
The following recipe requires the cookie dough to chill – but you can also bake them straight away..which is what I did. I just couldn’t wait.
2 cups self-raising flour
170g butter, melted
40g brown sugar
180g light muscovado sugar
230g dark chocolate bits
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, beat sugar,vanilla extract and melted butter til incorporated.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly in between.
4. Sift flour and salt into the wet mixture and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper & dollop a tbsp size of cookie dough onto the tray, making sure the dough is spread about 4-5 cm apart.
7. Alternatively, wrap cookie dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
9. Cool cookies …if you can resist.
Mmm….that ooze. Let me know what you think!
Til next craving recipe!
P.S. Cookie Monsters are adorable.