Good Ol’ Carbonara.
If you just want a classic, simple pasta dish, I guarantee this carbonara will blow you away. Thanks to Patty for this recipe!
400mL full cream milk
600mL full cream
2 brown onions, finely diced
250g bacon (or more if you love bacon) , sliced
parmesan cheese (to your liking)
one punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
1 tbsp garlic paste
250g sliced mushrooms
1. In a large saucepan, boil water with a good pinch of salt and splash of olive oil. Once boiled, place pasta in saucepan and cook til al den te.
2. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
3. In a frying pan, place garlic paste and onions over medium heat and cook until translucent.
4. Add bacon & mushrooms.
5. Pour milk and cream over bacon mixture, bring to boil and them simmer until sauce becomes thick and just enough to cover the back of a spoon.
6. Pour pasta into the Carbonara sauce and quickly add in parmesan cheese and tomatoes. Stir quickly. Season until liking and serve immediately.
Let me know what you guys think!