I designed this recipe for a very special person 🙂
Fruity & Spicy and really easy to make- this recipe will sure be a winner in the household. You can even use the pear, add some crumble and ice cream and voila~! A new dessert!
For the Spiced pear:
2 Bartlett Pears, peeled
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cups of water
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp of nutmeg
1 vanilla bean, split
For the batter:
1 cup of plain flour
1 tsp of baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
125g unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup of caster sugar
1. Grease a 6 – hole bundt tin well (get into those creases!) and preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Place cinnamon sticks, waters, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla bean in a saucepan.
3. Place Pears (up to you whether you halve them or not) in the saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover slightly, leaving it simmer for about 18 -20 minutes. Turn over the pears if you are keeping them in its full shape.
5. Once soft, remove pears and slice thinly.
6. Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Add in eggs one at a time until just combined.
8. Combine SIFTED flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda into the mixture gradually until just combined.
9. Fold in blueberries.
10. Line the edges with the pear slices and fill up 1/3 of each bundt hole.
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Leave in tin until the cakes are cooled before turning them out.
Photos taken by the one and only Daisy Zheng. (she is also the one who inspired these cakes! )
Check her profile out https://www.facebook.com/daisyzhengphotography