There is seriously nothing better than a one-bowl wonder. Convenient and the less cleaning up the better. Wouldn’t you agree?
My lovely cousin and I went on a massive baking spree and adapted Cupcake Jemma’s Green tea cupcakes. Less sweet and more tea flavoured! That said, be aware of how strong your own matcha powder is. Test out a batch first!
Buttercream is also the worst and best possible thing on this planet.
For the Cupcake
125g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
70g caster sugar
1 heaped tbsp of matcha powder
135g soft unsalted butter
2 large free range eggs
Dash of vanilla extract
1.5tsp whole milk
90g melted white chocolate
150g soft unsalted butter
270 icing sugar, sifted (we halved the sugar)
2 tbsp whole milk
White chocolate drizzle
50g melted white chocolate
1/2 tsp matcha powder
For the cupcake
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar and baking powder together.
3. Add matcha powder, butter and eggs into the bowl.
4. Beat entire batter at a low speed, then increasing it to medium until combined.
5. Add milk and dash of vanilla extract and mix again at medium speed.
6. Divide batter into muffin/cupcake tins
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
For the buttercream:
1. Melt white chocolate over a simmering pot of water.- let them cool for a bit (reserve a portion for the drizzle if you like)
2. Beat butter until pale and fluffy.
3. Pour half the sifted icing sugar into the butter and beat until fluffy. Add the remaining sugar and beat again til incorporated.
4. Add in the milk.
5. Beat until incorporated.
6. Add in the cooled white chocolate and beat again for a minute.
With the remaining white chocolate, mix it with the rest of the matcha powder. Voila! Your drizzle if ready.
Once the cupcake has cooled, load (yes, load) the butter cream on top and drizzle/decorate the cupcakes with the rest of the white chocolate. And there you have it!
Do you all have your christmas shopping all ready to go?!